While the number of shootings and other violent crimes seems to fluctuate year to year in Cincinnati, as of mid-year violent crime appears to be trending down. Last year City Council allocated $250,000 in human service funding to go toward anti-violence programs. That included in-school violence prevention, coaching and the creation of youth councils.
NPR News Headlines
- Opioid Treatment Funds In Senate Bill Would Fall Far Short Of Needs
- The Poet Bao Phi, On Creating a 'Guidebook' For Young Asian-Americans
- 'Khichuri': An Ancient Indian Comfort Dish With A Global Influence
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Could Lead To His Release From Prison
- Betsy DeVos' Latest Speech Draws Protests, Even Before She Speaks