April is National Donate Life Month . On average, 22 people die each day while waiting for a transplant. There are more than 118,000 individuals currently waiting for a life-saving transplant, and every ten minutes, someone is added to the national transplant waiting list.
NPR News Headlines
- 'Nation's Report Card' Finds Mixed Grades For U.S. Students In Visual Arts, Music
- Justices Split Over Defendants' Right To Mental Health Expert Witnesses
- Albert Freedman, Game Show Producer Made Famous In 'Quiz Show,' Dies At 95
- 'Zen And The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' Author Robert M. Pirsig Dies At 88
- State Department Removes Webpage Featuring Trump's For-Profit Club, Mar-A-Lago