The National Council on Aging estimates that one in every 10 Americans, aged 60 or older, has been the victim of some type of abuse or neglect. But elder abuse is a hidden crime that often goes unreported. It’s estimated that authorities are notified of only one in 14 cases.
NPR News Headlines
- Schumer Says He'll Oppose Gorsuch Nomination, Sets Up Filibuster Showdown With GOP
- Food Is Just One Serving Of What Meals On Wheels Gives Seniors
- How Two Armenian Immigrants Made Turkish Delight An American Hit
- Israel Arrests Man Suspected In Wave Of Bomb Threats Against Jewish Centers
- Hungry? Call Your Neighborhood Delivery Robot